Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cycle safe training

When the Christchurch city council came, we started to get pumped up for biking. We went to the courts for practice. We started doing left turns where you have to do a kerb ride out first then you start to bike. To do a kerb ride out, you need to raise your right hand then look over your right shoulder.  

If you want to turn left, look over your right shoulder then raise your left hand (left signal) If you want to turn right, look over your right shoulder then raise your right hand (right signal). If you are in the road, you have to turn right to go in the middle of the road. 
But, you have to look over your right shoulder before doing so. This is called a life saver look. When you are in the middle, you turn right. If you are nearing a stop, you have to look over your right shoulder and after that, you raise your right hand and bend your elbow. This one is called a stop sign. My favourite activity is when we turned right. First you bike then do a right signal then do a life saver look. Then we turn then do the stop sign.

-Raziel

My favourite is the left turn when you wait for 3 seconds and then turn on a different road .                               

-Kaitlyn  

My teacher for cycle safety is named Yasmin. Yasmin was a nice, funny woman who has a ( no offense ) funny accent. She taught our group the kerb ride out, the right and left turn, and the life saver look. I didn't pass the cycle safety test for I kept on crashing on the left turn. It was also my first time biking.

-Raziel

My teacher was named uh I dunno.... But He was funny even if I didn't pass the test. He taught us the kerb ride out, the right turn and left turn, and the life saver look.

-Kaitlyn









No comments:

Post a Comment