Dr Carson was a very motivational speaker who talked about his life, from growing up in extreme poverty to becoming an amazing neurosurgeon. He talked about saving a baby by operating on her while she was in her mothers womb.
Points we remember from the speech were:
- Your life isn't influenced by others but by yourself.
- THINK BIG
- If you're stuck on something in math go back to the last thing you knew and work from there. (Any subject this could be)
- Everyone has a good brain, you just have to choose to do great things with it.
- Don't waste your time at school being cool.
- Keep on learning as it is impossible to fill up your brain!
- READ BOOKS
- Don't listen to peers influence - People who Encourage Errors and React to Stupidity.
- The cool dudes will always be flipping burgers!
- People will want to be your friend when you are popular and famous!